Benefits to forests, people and business
Maintains and improves the quality of the forests while increasing their use. Brings jobs and vitality to the region. Shows the way to success for all of Finland.
- Annual growth in Lapland 13 million m3 excl. protected areas
- Half of the growth is in the less than 15 cm diameter categories
- In recent years, market felling has amounted to less than 4 million m3
- The situation is the same in both Lapland and Koillismaa
- The biorefinery uses 2.8 million cubic metres of wood annually, part of which is sourced as wood chips from other production plants.